MT Advocate of the Year
The Montana Advocate of the Year Award recognizes individuals who contribute to the implementation and improvement of school counseling programs. These individuals demonstrate their belief in and support of school counseling programs that impact school counselors and their students at the local, state, and/or national level.Past Advocates of the Year:
Congratulations to Our 2021 MT Advocate of the Year: Wendy Hansmann!!
Wendy Hansmann, Director of Student Services in Hamilton School District, 2021 Montana Advocate of the Year!
- 2020- Amy Leary, MT Post Secondary Educational Opportunities Council
- 2019 - Susan Anderson, Lewis & Clark Elementary, Missoula
- 2018 - Frenchtown Administration (Jake Haynes, Mark McMurray, Riley Devins, and Aaron Griffin), Frenchtown Schools
- 2017 - Todd Garrison, Elevate Montana
- 2016 - Kathy Olson, Billings Public Schools, Billings
- 2015 - Jennifer Courtney, Big Sky HS, Missoula
- 2014 - Brian Ayers, Chief Joseph Middle, Bozeman & Deb Black, Skyview High, Billings
- 2013 - Mary Johnson, Browning Public Schools, Browning
- 2012 - Heather Davis-Schmidt, Missoula County Public Schools, Missoula
- 2011 - Barry Grace, Kalispell Middle, Kalispell