The Montana School Counselor of the Year Award honors the best of the best - counselors who are running a top-notch, comprehensive school counseling program at either the elementary, middle, or high school level. Recipients of this award are nominated for the national ASCA School Counselor of the Year and sent to awards event in Washington, D.C..
Past School Counselors of the Year:
- 2019 - Vicki Bisbee, Southside School, Wolf Point
- 2018 - Carolyn Yegen, McKinley Elementary, Billings
- 2017 - Erica Zins, Sentinel High School, Missoula
- 2016 - Lee Starck, Stevensville Public Schools, Stevensville
- 2015 - Tana Mayo, Saddle Peak Ele., Belgrade
- 2014 - Krista King, Lolo Ele., Lolo & Tanya Kirschman, Highland Ele., Billings
- 2013 - None
- 2012 - Lisa Meyer, Beartooth Ele., Billings
- 2011 - Debby Perry, Utterback Middle, Conrad
The Montana Advocate of the Year Award recognizes individuals who contribute to the implementation and improvement of school counseling programs. These individuals demonstrate their belief in and support of school counseling programs that impact school counselors and their students at the local, state, and/or national level.
Past Advocates of the Year:
- 2019 - Susan Anderson, Lewis & Clark Elementary, Missoula
- 2018 - Frenchtown Administration (Jake Haynes, Mark McMurray, Riley Devins, and Aaron Griffin), Frenchtown Schools
- 2017 - Todd Garrison, Elevate Montana
- 2016 - Kathy Olson, Billings Public Schools, Billings
- 2015 - Jennifer Courtney, Big Sky HS, Missoula
- 2014 - Brian Ayers, Chief Joseph Middle, Bozeman & Deb Black, Skyview High, Billings
- 2013 - Mary Johnson, Browning Public Schools, Browning
- 2012 - Heather Davis-Schmidt, Missoula County Public Schools, Missoula
- 2011 - Barry Grace, Kalispell Middle, Kalispell
The MSCA Graduate Student Scholarship ($500) is awarded to one outstanding graduate student studying to become a school counselor at a Montana institution of higher education.
Past MSCA Graduate Scholars:
- 2019 - Jordan Helig
- 2018 - Micall Searles
If you have any questions regarding this process please contact Lee Starck, Board of Directors - MSCA at email@example.com.