School Counselor Open Positions
MSCA will post open school counselor and school mental health positions from districts/schools that contact us. For more postings, please see the OPI link below.
- Chester-Joplin-Inverness Public Schools (Chester)
- Franklin Elementary (Missoula)
- 1 year only
- Hellgate High School (Missoula)
- 1 year only
- Hawthorne Elementary (Bozeman)
- Long-term sub for 2021-22 school year
- The counselor is responsible for a number of diverse tasks: providing guidance and support to students and families, serving as a liaison between student families and instructional teams, attending to the social/emotional needs of the students, collaborating closely with the administration and support services, and instructing lessons addressing the counseling standards.
- Belgrade Middle School
- Full-time, grades 5-8
- To provide, as a member of the counseling department staff, a comprehensive counseling program for students in grades five (5) through eight (8) and specifically provide services to meet the needs of assigned students; consult with teachers, staff and parents to enhance effectiveness in helping students; and to provide support to other middle school educational programs.
- Lewistown Public Schools
- (2) full-time positions for 350 students grades 7-12
- Utilizing leadership, advocacy, and collaboration, school counselors promote student success, provide preventive services, and respond to identified student needs by implementing a comprehensive school counseling program that addresses academic, career, and personal/social development for all students. The major functions of the school counselor job description incorporate the Montana State Board of Education priorities of high student performance.
- Havre: Counselor Educator
- Montana State University - Northern (MSUN)
- The School Counseling faculty we are searching for will join a vibrant Counselor Education Program as the expert in school counseling, and will work closely with the faculty whose expertise is mental health/community-agency counseling. Our Master of Education, Counselor Education degree is a 60 semester credit program with an emphasis in clinical skills, to prepare our graduates to be competent practitioners in K-12 school settings, after completing a 600 site-based internship, or work toward licensure as a professional counselor in mental health settings. We are seeking a candidate who has completed a doctorate, or ABD, in Counselor Education from a CACREP accredited institution and who identifies as a school counselor professional. The successful candidate will teach graduate level courses in both school and mental health counseling, and supervise interns in school related and mental health settings. The program is delivered in a hybrid model with both in-person and on-line courses with 9 credits each academic semester and 6 credits each summer session until internship in the third year of the program.
Montana State University –Northern (MSUN) is a comprehensive, Native American-Serving, Nontribal Institution serving approximately 1000 students in a remarkably large geographic region. It is one of six baccalaureate institutions comprising the Montana University System. The main campus is located in Havre and offers courses leading to degrees in engineering technologies, professional teacher education, business, nursing, and liberal arts leading to certificate, associate, baccalaureate, and two masters’ degrees.
Please go to http://www.msun.edu/hr/
employment.aspx for information on applying. Applications received by February 28, 2021 will receive priority status.
- Billings: Elementary Behavior Intervention Specialists (3)
- Starts January 2021
- Salary: BEA Salary Schedule
- MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Livingston: Middle School Counselor
- Sleeping Giant Middle School
- Starts January 18th, 2021
- OPI Jobs for Teachers - In "Vacancy Area" dropdown list, select "School Counseling"